White Collar Criminal Defense Lawyers Defend Against Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR)/Offshore Bank Accounts
To prove tax evasion/money laundering charges, the federal government must prove each of the following elements beyond a reasonable doubt:
- You conducted or attempted to conduct a financial transaction.
- The financial transaction involved the proceeds of an illegal activity.
- You had knowledge that the proceeds were from an illegal activity.
- You knew that the purpose of the transaction was to conceal the nature or source of the proceeds.
- Money laundering can involve a wide range of factual scenarios and charges are frequently brought alongside other white collar charges to maximize the prosecution’s leverage. If you face tax evasion/money laundering charges, you need an experienced lawyer to defend against these damaging allegations. McCauley Law Offices can provide a powerful defense, at the federal or state level, to these and other white collar crimes.
Money laundering charges have important short-term and long-term tax consequences. In the long term, a conviction on these charges can lead to fines and prison. In the short term, federal law enforcement agents have the right to seize any assets they have reason to believe are connected to your alleged crimes. Your assets can be seized before you are convicted of any crime. We defend your rights to property and work to stop the IRS from auctioning that seized property. Frequently we save property for clients when others have given up.
As soon as we become involved in your case, we will attack the evidence one very front. First, our lawyers will examine the nature of the government’s evidence to see whether it is sufficient to prove its case. Second, our attorneys will make certain that the government did not violate your constitutional due process rights when gathering evidence against you. If there is evidence to show that law enforcement agents violated your rights, we will ask the court to suppress the evidence and dismiss your charges. Our aggressive, strategic approach has helped individuals facing difficult situations.
Contact the Money Laundering Defense Attorneys at McCauley Law Offices
Call 1-877-TAX-JAMS or email us to discuss the allegations you face. McCauley Law was founded in Pennsylvania and maintains other locations across the United States.